EP Federal Credit Union is a full-service financial institution formed when ten employees wanted to "promote thrift and provide a source of credit” for other employees. Over 80 years later, we still embrace the credit union philosophy of people helping people. Our employees are the key to delivering our mission to provide the best money management opportunities and services to all individuals who make up EP Federal Credit Union.
To deliver on our brand promise, "a better environment for your money,” we recruit and retain high-performing employees who uphold our values of respect, integrity, competence, and diversity. We are committed to creating a positive work environment and searching for enthusiastic individuals that have a strong commitment to member service.
EPFCU offers a comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to health & dental, 401(k), vacation/sick pay, ten paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and work/life balance.
Current Openings (1)
This position reports directly to the respective Branch Manager of the assigned branch location. Responsible for the supervision of the teller area. In addition to Teller duties, guides and advises tellers in the efficient and accurate handling of member needs and helps with complex work-related matters. Reviews and checks the work of other Tellers and assists in the resolution of other Teller problems, balances each day's transactions and verifies cash totals. Performs all teller functions as needed. Performs a broad variety of member services functions such as assisting members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. Answers members' questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance duties. Actively cross-sells Credit Union products and services, serves members promptly and professionally. Ensures a high level of accuracy in all teller transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Serve as vault teller for the credit union, to include ordering cash, verifying cash received, filling teller cash orders, maintaining vault security and balancing vault cash nightly.
- Responsible for the teller operations area by answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions and sensitive member relation problems and explaining policies and procedures to tellers and members.
- Balance cash drawer at the end of the shift and compare totaled amounts to the computer-generated proof sheet research and resolve discrepancies. Report any discrepancies to the supervisor as necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Apply and evaluate policies and procedures for the teller department. Ensure teller staff comply with policies and procedures and understand changes in requirements. Maintain a thorough knowledge of policies and procedures with particular attention to the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act and with robbery procedures.
- Assist tellers as required with member questions or any transactional question that needs clarification.
- Retrieve mail from post office and process mail-in transactions.
- Oversee proper availability of daily cash, gift cards, and stamps.
- Respond to email or other electronic requests submitted by members. Respond to members’ requests, problems and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance.
- Open new accounts, service existing accounts. Provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Promote, explain, and cross-sell credit union products and services such as but not limited to consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates, debit and credit cards, mobile deposit, online banking, cashier’s checks, and money orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Experience Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of two (2) years cash handling and customer service experience in a financial institution or working knowledge of savings and checking products, accounts, and services
- Six (6) months of Teller experience in a financial institution required
- Must have experience selling and cross-selling products and services or sales training
- Effective skills performing mathematical calculations and working accurately with numbers
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to function in a financial institution branch environment and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to PC, ten key calculator, fax, copier, telephone, etc.
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
EP Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer